3525 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Model : Null after upgraded to PSP 7.70A

patlamhk
Frequent Advisor

System Model : Null after upgraded to PSP 7.70A

HI,

I got couple of server upgraded to PSP 7.70A using VCA.
All server reporting System Model : NULL now and VCA and VCRM not able to launch successfully via HPSMH.

Anybody able to help ?
URGENT !!!!
14 REPLIES 14
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: System Model : Null after upgraded to PSP 7.70A

Is the trust relationship still established?
Is SNMP still correct.

You may have over written the Trust certificate with the update.
Jimmy Thor├йn
Occasional Contributor

Is the problem still there? I have exact the same symptoms after upgraded the Support Pack from 7.60 to 7.70 on the actual SIM server. System Model shows NULL.
I get this message when clicking on VCA:
"The Version Control Agent encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory."
Besides this, other problems occured after upgrade and reboot. The login screen only showed the Windows logo, no login fields, and the rest was black. Searched and found a solution (reg hack in the colors key).
The the Help and Support service was gone. Had to add a registry setting there too.
So, it seemed that the Support Pack did some ugly things to the server.

Anyone else with similar problems after upgrade?

// Jimmy
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

I'm having this on one of my servers too, still troubleshooting. Definately wierd.

SNMP settings are definately correct. I've even tried setting it to allow all hosts.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Ok well the System model coming up NULL and the VCA saying:
"The Version Control Agent encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory."

Have something in common. They are both relying on SNMP data. I would suggest that you double check to make sure that the agents are running and that SNMP is running. If they are then I would double check the SNMP settings to make sure that they did not get changed somehow during the agent upgrade process. This really sounds like an SNMP issue of some sort.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Ben de Jonge

Same here.
The NIC agent service is not starting, times out.
Ben de Jonge

Same here.
The HP NIC agnet is not starting, times out
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Does the VCA have the correct server and password to access the VCRM? It could also be an issue with the account you used to set up the VCRM,

If you are using Trust by Certificate, they might have become corrupted. I have had this happen a few times.

As for the NIC agent issue.
One other thing that may be a longshot. Did you install the HP Network Configuration Utility on your servers?
We have had some odd problems with some of our servers that we think are being caused by this software and we will be uninstalling it next week on a couple of boxes to see if this clears things up.
(VJ)
Advisor

Hi all

I've got exactly the same problem here, HP System Management Homepage times out and System Model is "Unknown". In addition HP Version Control Agent can't talk to the HP SIM Server. I've this problem on all 104 Servers since upgrade to PSP 7.70, however I've also got several Server 2000 boxes which are still running fine. That prompted me to roll back "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003" to Ver 7.60.0.0 from PSP 7.60 and it's back to normal.

I don't see this as solution but a workaround. Obviously there is something wrong with "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003" Ver 7.70 and HP should look at it and release updated version which is going to work.

Cheers
DHS Unix

I had this problem on the second server I tried to upgrade to PSP 7.70 as well. I found that the "HP Insight Foundation Agents" and the "HP Insight NIC Agents" services didn't start (hence the NULL sys model etc). I also got these errors in the system event log:

The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqMgmt\Cqmghost\hostmib.dll because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CPQMgmt\CqMgHost\CPQMIB1K.DLL because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqNiMgt\CPQNIMIB.DLL because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqNiMgt\NICMIB.DLL because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqMgmt\Cqmgserv\servmib.dll because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqMgmt\Cqmgstor\stormib.dll because it is missing or misconfigured.
The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\WINNT\system32\CpqMgmt\CqmgStor\iscsimib.dll because it is missing or misconfigured.

Another HP Forum post alerted me to the fact that this file: (C:\WINNT\system32\cqhstutl.dll) was also missing (this was not in any event log).

I resolved the issue by coping all these .dll files from another server that successfully upgraded to PSP 7.70 to the same location. Works a treat after starting the "HP Insight Foundation Agents" and the "HP Insight NIC Agents" services, and then restarting the SNMP service (and dependencies).