1753546 Members
5718 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Model : Null after upgraded to PSP 7.70A

Jimmy Thor├йn
Occasional Contributor

I too had to roll back the Support Pack Version to 7.60 in order for it to work.

Regarding the Network Utility, I have had some problems when Teaming was activated.
According to information here at the forum, the order in which the NIC drivers and the Network Utility installs does matter. Install the Network Utility before the drivers. If you are using the Support Pack, you can alter the order by editing the .xml file within. See this link:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1034017

I will test this soon and will provide feedback.

/ Jimmy
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

Hello all

We also encountered some problems deploying the PSP 7.70. I think we ran into the same issues as patlamhk as James Kennedy.

I resolved it by deinstalling all HP Software, rebooting and run the setup.exe out of the VC Repository Directory to reinstall all the agents and drivers.

After having the problem on three of our servers we decided to search another way to deploy the newest PSP onto our servers.
The most stable way actually is to update all drivers/agents seperately out of the VCA- Page for each server....

Maybe it works better if the PSP is installed via normal install (not "Initial Support Pack", the "Install Software and Firmware" is working actually a little more reliable than the "Initial ProLiant SUpport Pack Install"- way...

Maybe HP has some news on this?

Regards
Jimmy
James D. Young
Frequent Advisor

had the one server that failed to start the HP Insight foundation agents.

The post by DHS Unix fixed the problem. I found it was the File he mentioned cqhstutl.dll that was missing. I copied from another server and started the agent with no problems after that.
(VJ)
Advisor

Hi All

After a lot of mucking around finally figured out what was causing the problem, at least on my servers.

On the server you are experiencing the problem go to Add/Remove programs and you will see that "HP Insight Management Agents" is listed twice. Uninstall both versions of "HP Insight Management Agents" reboot the system, good old Windows you can't do anything without rebooting :), and install the latest version of "HP Insight Management Agents" or just reinstall entire PSP 7.70

Reboot the system again and the HP SMH should be working just fine.

Good Luck!

Cheers
dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

Left the 7.7 psp on the server and downgraded mgmt agents to 7.51. Problem resolved.