108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Model: unknown

SOLVED
Go to solution
Saltend
Advisor

System Model: unknown

I am having some problems with about half our servers.

we've been using the psp's for a while but only just started looking at Manager side. Using HP SIM4.2 and PSP7.20 - half the servers come up as "unknown" and logging into the servers individual management site shows none of the expected boxes for integrated log, etc.
also the VCA fails to pull up data.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

69 REPLIES 69
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Check that all the agents are running (service control panel) and the SNMP service is started.
Saltend
Advisor

All services are running, inc SNMP except the event notifier service which is set to disabled.

that service is disabled on servers that work however.
SteveBxxx
Frequent Advisor

Probably need to check the config on the snmp service from control panel. Compare the Agents / traps / security tabs between working / non working servers.
Larry Dutton
Frequent Advisor

I am having a similair issue using the Insight agent version 7.20 and Insight intergration for NNM,

I have logged this in the Openview section but this is the same, Insight agent 7.20 comes up as cpqmodel=unknown after upgrading the agent, the manufacturer is picked up as HP via SNMP and I now am looking at ways of manually setting the cpqmodel number within Openview,

Incidently this is on a Proliant DL380 G4 and at the moment looks like an issue with the later insight agents - which now seem to be called 'system management homepage' bizzare!

Any update on this would be appreciated but I would say that it is a bug in the 7.20 agents at the moment??

Thanks,

Larry
Dave_419
Advisor

I have the same problem, but no wisdom to add. Installing PSP7.20 gives the System Model: Unknown on the page. Quite annoying, as I haven't found any obvious doco about this needing any extra config after installing.

My SNMP settings are set for Public, dest localhost, which I am guessing is ok...?

So I am also waiting for a solution...

Thanks
Dave
Saltend
Advisor

starting to look more like a bug/default config issue.

it appears to only affect window2003 servers here.
Larry Dutton
Frequent Advisor

I am also thinking bug - this was on a Windows 2000 server with 7.20 applied,

I have since changed this back to 7.10 and the server is identified correctly again,

Could this be related to changing from the old Compaq insight to indentify as HP insight - all the SNMP fields are "isCPQ = e.t.c." yet the manaufacturer on 7.10 is "CPQsrver" yet on 7.20 shows as a HP server....

No notes found on this either - thinking of logging this with HP to see what the response would be, just really want to know if they are aware of the problem but would have thought testing of the new agent would have identified this?
Dave_419
Advisor

I've just logged the call with HP's online tech support. I'll let you know what I find out.
Saltend
Advisor

Thanks. I've had no success here so far.