1752633 Members
5795 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Type Unknown - Certificate Trust Errors

Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

System Type Unknown - Certificate Trust Errors

Half of my W2K3 servers appear in my Insight Management Console as type 'Unknown'.when you select the server and click on software status it generates a Trust Relationship problem error.

This message is completely bogus as I have setup all W2K3 servers to 'Trust All'. Everything within Settings -> System Management Homepage -> Security is exactly the same for all W2K3 servers, so why can the Insight Management server only see half of them?

I have even tried to set a couple of them up as Trust by Certificate and import the certificates etc but that fails too.

How can I get round this? Running IM 4.2 with SP2.

Thanks

Lenny
4 REPLIES 4
Haridas
Respected Contributor

Try running the software status polling task on those servers whose status is shown as unknown.

Btw, SIM has come a long way since 4.2 SP2. I'd suggest you to look at latest version of SIM which is 5.1 SP1.

regards,
Hari
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

I've just tried running the software status polling task, the task is in a starting state but the servers it's trying to poll are just stuck in a pending state. How do I force them to scan?

Thanks

Lenny
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Actually, it's only stuck in a pending state for a lng while. It seems to be taking nearly 1 hour just to scan one server so I'm going to open up a new thread on this. Will only know tomorrow how the scan on the status 'Unknown' servers is.

Lenny
Haridas
Respected Contributor

For software status, you should make sure that the VCA on each target system is configured to use a valid Version control repository manager.

For hardware status, you should make sure that Insight Management Agents are installed and the SNMP community string is set on the target device and the same is specified in SIM global settings page.

Then run "Configure/Repair Agent Settings" task to fix any trust relationship issues. I don't remember if this tool is avaialable in SIM 4.2.

Run Hardware status polling task to get the hardware status. Run Software status polling task to get the software status.

I'm not sure why the task is in pending state. May be you can try deleting those devices & rediscovering it again.