Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752777 Members
6328 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System is not licensed for Insight Power Manager.

Alex  HU
Advisor

System is not licensed for Insight Power Manager.

Since I upgraded my SIM server from version 5.0 to 5.1, i get this error every 20 minutes as an event in SIM.
I have no idea how to fix thix since i can't find where to set the licence properties for this server. I only get this with one machine.

Can someone help me with this?

Thx in advanced.

Alex
7 REPLIES 7
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

I have this same issue with a DL385. I have used all the demo licenses on other machines and they work fine, but this one still gives me errors. Everyday when I check SIM I routinely have close around 30-40 messages regarding this server and power manager. I have a case open with support so when I get a response back from them (waiting for escalation as the person I was speaking with could not figure it out) I will post it here
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

I am getting the same thing. Any word on a solution? It totally fills up my event logs. Please advise.
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi All

Anyone got a solution to this question?
I am seeing the same thing after upgrading to HP SIM 5.1.

Thanks.

/Thomas
Wilbert Chin
Occasional Advisor

To fix this problem, you need to install Service Pack 1 for SIM 5.1.

Here's one of the fixes listed.

"Corrected a problem where events are repeatedly logged for some systems which are not licensed for Insight Power Manager."
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Wilbert

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if it is possible to only download SP1 and not the whole 5.1 SP1 package? I already have 5.1 installed, so not necessary to install the whole package over again.

/Thomas
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

In SIM go to Options>Insight Power Manager and remove the check mark beside the Enable Insight Power Manager Plug-in, click APPLY.

When you Run 5.1 SP1 it will only run the SP1 upgrade on your server it's not a full install of 5.1 and SP1.
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Rene for the information.

/Thomas