Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751791 Members
5202 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System is unreachable, what happened to that server and how to adjust event to lower sensitivity?

Silverfoxs
Occasional Advisor

System is unreachable, what happened to that server and how to adjust event to lower sensitivity?

hi, Guys:
I have received following Email from my hp sim manager.
There is one Windows server and 2 ESX(3.5) hosts sent alerts.

Event Name: System is unreachable
URL: https://myserver:2381/
Event originator: myserver
Event Severity: Critical
Event received: 02-Jun-2010, 01:48:34
Event description: The current system is no longer reachable from the central management server, hardware status polling has marked this system as not responding

Can anyone explain what that is?
How to lower the sensitivity?
Thank you very much.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: System is unreachable, what happened to that server and how to adjust event to lower sensitivity?

System Unreachable means that HPSIM couldn't ping the server.
You can change the sensitivity under Options->Protocol Settings ->Global Protocol Settings or set it at a Server specific level.

But you might want to look at why it's happening, the tolerance is generally enough unless you have a really congested network or these servers are on slow remote links.
Another issue could be conflicting IP addresses.
From the HPSIM Server trying running ping to those servers giving the errors, maybe increase the packet size to expose any network issues.
Silverfoxs
Occasional Advisor

Re: System is unreachable, what happened to that server and how to adjust event to lower sensitivity?

Thanks, Rob for your information.
The interesting thing is we have What's Up Gold to monitoring those servers as well. But What's up Gold didn't report any issues, only HP SIM jumped out.
I will try to go through the logs but you know it's not easy though.