HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System once in SIM, now it is gone

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

System once in SIM, now it is gone

At one of my customers, I have about 500 servers being monitored. From time to time, when we run an end-to-test, we find that a system that had an event generated on it last month no longer is in SIM at all. Anyone else seen that situation? How is it getting removed from the sim database if no one is deleting it?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Insight Remote Support > general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums moderator

4 REPLIES
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: System once in SIM, now it is gone

In the scheduled task section of SIM, there is a task to delete the events older than 90 days. Maybe someone changed it to delete events sooner.
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

What I mean to say is: the server was there in SIM, discovered by the system name and then when the SA looks to see it in SIM, the system is gone?

I called support and there is no explanation but it is not a good thing to hear that a system is being monitored today and gone tomorrow.
Rancher
Honored Contributor
Solution

I apologize, I thought you meant the events are deleted. I also have that happen sometimes, especially with web servers. I just rediscover it to get it back in the collection. Maybe eventually HP will get that fixed.
Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Well, that makes me feel better to know it is not just my SIM server. This does, of course mean that someone needs to be monitoring the number of servers that are actually there daily.