HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems Insight Manager NT 4

Garry Morson
Occasional Visitor

Systems Insight Manager NT 4

I have recently installed a new server wit SIM 5 SP2 on it and reconfigured all the servers on the estate to the VCR of the new version (previously was configured to IM7).all the Win 2000 2003 servers have had no problem but we still have NT4 servers which need monitoring. however the NT 4 servers wont configure to the new VCR as it requires VCA 7.1 or above and the highest support pack for NT 4 is 6.1 and this version wont allow the account to be typed in, it still has the drop down menu.

can any one help

Thanks Gismo
3 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Systems Insight Manager NT 4

You should be able to upgrade just the Systems Management Homepage and get that functionality. Alternatively, create an account on the VCRM server named 'operator' or 'user' to match what's available in the drop-down.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Support for NT 4.0 was baselined on SS6.1. It is unlikely that you will get anymore updates for NT 4.0 - so I am not sure what you expect to get out of Version Control? The only updates that occur, that I am aware of, are an occasional web based security patch that is not in component form. It is always submitted as a softpaq.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Garry Morson
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for you assistance - i have created the required account so they now work ok -- i agfree that there is little or no benifit in pointing the VCB on NT4 servers tio the latest supository, however company polocy required me to achieve this task.