3936 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Systems Management Home Page shows No Items

Aaron Schneider
Occasional Contributor

Systems Management Home Page shows No Items

Running Windows 2008 Server Standard x64 SP2
Nothing else is installed on the server at this point other than critical windows updates.

Applied the latest proliant support pack (DL380 G4) and attempted a standalone install of the SMHP as well.

Running version 3.0.2.77.

SNMP is enabled and correctly configured. All IM and VC agent services are functioning....and yet I still see no data...and none of the categories in the panel on the left

Any suggestions? Thanks...A
19 REPLIES 19
City_Blue
Super Advisor

when you check the data source in the tiop right hand corner of the homepage do you snmp?

if not first try restarting snmp from service and log back in to the home page if nothing has changed.

try installing wbem

once installed you will now have an option under tasks > system (server Config)> data source information to choose between SNMP and WBEM.

select snmp and see if things appear. this has worked for me in the past when i have had this issue
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Couple of questions....

You installed 8.30 psp right?

Did all the agents get installed successfully.

If you have installed the whole psp SMH should get installed along with that, why standalone installation?

regards
Sins
Aaron Schneider
Occasional Contributor

I do NOT see SNMP under Data Source. There is nothing listed under Data Source.

Standalone installation of SMHP was done after the full (and successful) installation of PSP 8.30. Even though it reported successful, I uninstalled that individual component and attempted an ad hoc installation of it. It also appeared to be successful but displayed no data.
Rainer Mittenzwey_2
Regular Advisor

Hi Aaron,

we have got the same problem!
Systems: Windows server 2003, R2, SP2 (32bit/64bit) Std/Ent and
Windows Server 2008 64bit Std

Installtion successfull!

And when i login the System Management Homepage
the Overall Status is "No Items"
the System Model is "unknown"
the Management Processor is "none"
and Date Source ist empty!

Any ideas?

Regards Rainer
Aaron Schneider
Occasional Contributor

I installed WBEM as you suggested and that did succeed in restoring a good amount of reporting on the SMHP. However, when I attempted to change the data source back to SNMP from within server configuration, all the reporting disappeared again and I was unable to change the data source back to WBEM without reinstalling...which is what I did and where I'm at now. I'd still prefer to use SNMP and would be open to any suggestions as to why it is still not functioning, but at least most aspects of the SMHP work with WBEM. Thanks...
Milan Blazicek
Occasional Contributor

Hallo

I have same problem, clear installation of Smartstart 8.3 x64 and Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 with everything successfull.

SNMP OK, but HP Insight agents missing.

No Data source, no mng.processor, unknown system in SMH

I had installed 2008 x64 Ent.(no R2) on another server (same config) week ago and everything is OK

The HP programators are worst.
John T. Willis
Occasional Advisor

The problem is...

The Windows 2008 SNMP service is not configured yet (by default even if the service is installed it is not configured to work).

The solution is..

Configure the Windows SNMP service to let SMH get at the data.

You configure it by opening the start->run->cmd services.msc applet

Then navigate to the "SNMP Service" open it with a dbl click, then go to the Security tab.

Set up a couple of accepted Community Names for READ-ONLY and READ-WRITE privileges.

{mysecPublic148}
read only

{mysecPublic149}
read write

Apply and save, you do not have to restart the service or reboot the computer.

Just close your browser and log into the SMH again.

If you'd like a full run down, see this guys site.. he's referring to things not quite necessary anymore.. but his Windows SNMP configure instructions (way at the bottom, last 10 percent of the page) are correct for Windows 2008 SP2 - they do work with the latest SmartStart 8.40 CD/DVD installer image.

https://techsupportpro.uk/tech-note-hp-systems-management-shows-no-items/,http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00064911.pdf,https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_b22bcbd9b2af4d43a1a42f8d09&swEnvOid=4138#tab3

Sirajul_Haque
Advisor

Find step-by-step tutorial about configuring SMH on HP Servers:

Guide: Install and Configure HP System Management Homepage (SMH)

I am sure this will help everyone.:)

I am an HP Employee

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

don't forget to add "localhost" to "accept snmp traps from these hosts" setting under snmp service!