1751865 Members
5918 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Systems Management Homepage keeps timing out

Scott Huisman
Advisor

Systems Management Homepage keeps timing out

I have 2 DL585 SQL servers that are clustered running Windows 2003 Enterprise in an active/active configuration and can't get the System management Homepage to work correctly on either of them. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried reloading the latest PSP 7.60 and nothing seems to help. The error I get is "A timeout occured while loading data for the HP System Mangement Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information." I've checked the security settings on both servers as well as the SNMP settings and everything appears to be configured correctly. If anyone has some suggestions I would really appreciate it.
5 REPLIES 5
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Systems Management Homepage keeps timing out

You might check this thread out and see if it helps:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1004740

Good Luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Scott Huisman
Advisor

Hi Rich,
I have already checked my SNMP settings and removed the Version control agent to eliminate possible issues. The homepage still times out, can you think of anything else that might be causing this?
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Did you check the log as stated in that thread? The SMH log may have an entry indicating how long it took for each application to respond. If you find out what application itis it may give a hint as to what the issue is.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Scott Huisman
Advisor

I did check in the log and it indicated that the slow loading tool was the version control Agent. I removed the VCA and the page loads but I still don't get any information on the system. I thought it might be a problem with SNMP so I removed and reinstalled it, still nothing! Could the software be having problems because this server is part of a cluster? Is there a different agent to use for clustered servers?

Thanks in advance for your continued assistance.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've seen this when SNMP is not properly configured.
Check that you do have community names set up and I always add 127.0.0.1, and the HPSIM Server as well as Localhost to the allowed servers.