1748154 Members
3589 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Systems not showing up in SIM

Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Systems not showing up in SIM

I have a server that isn't showing up in SIM and I also have a couple servers that are showing a Management processor, even though they have ilo cards in them.

How do I get the Management processor to report with a server?

On the server that isn't showing up, I've tried both automatic and manual discovery and neither one worked. All of the HP software is installed, up to date and running on that server as well. Any idea's why it isn't showing up?
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Check you do not have Filters enabled, See Under Options -> Discovery -> General Settings.

The Server may not be being recognised, check SNMP, specifically community names and that the HPSIM Server is an allowed host.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

I checked all of that and it's the same as the rest of my servers.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm a bit confused by:
"a couple servers that are showing a Management processor, even though they have ilo cards in them"
Both the Integrated Lights Out and Remote Lights Out Cards will display as Management Processors when discovered. The Product name shows which is which.

Check you have HPSIM SP4, as there are some issues with association.
The LO Card needs to be configured to return at least Medium Data. Otherwise you do not need to do anything. But I often rn and Identification task for just the LO Card and associated Server to get them matched.

As for Servers not appearing, can you ping the Server from the HPSIM Server? Any firewalls etc in the way?
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Sorry, it should be they are NOT showing as having a LO card. The LO card does show up on it's own though.

As for the server that isn't showing up at all, yes, the SIM server can ping it, both by name and IP. There are no firewalls or routers in between them either.