Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753774 Members
6473 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Task times are off by 5 hours

Jim Weber_1

Task times are off by 5 hours

We have SIM 5.1 sp1. All task times are reporting 5 hours off under automatic event handling. When it sends the email the event recieved show 5 ours off also. When I go to the event log, the time is showing correct. We are running on Windows 2003 sp1 The time on the server is correct. The time under system status in SIM is correct. Has anyone seen this?
2 REPLIES 2
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hi Jim,

Check if there is a TIME FILTER configured for these Tasks.

1. Select a tool from the tool menus, follow the steps to get to the Schedule button, and click it. See
â Creating a taskâ and â Scheduling a taskâ for more information.
2. To apply a time filter to a task, select the Use Time Filter checkbox.
3. Click Manage Filters. The Manage Time Filters section appears below the Schedule Task section.
Four options are available:
â ¢ New. A new time filter can be created by clicking New from the Manage Time Filter box. The
new time filter has the default name New Time Filter X, where X is a number making the time
filter name unique. Click OK or Apply to save the new time filter, or click Cancel to cancel the
new time filter changes.
â ¢ Edit. Time filters created by users can be edited. A time filter cannot be renamed, so if a time filter
must be renamed, copy the time filter first and then rename it. Changes made to a time filter are
saved after clicking OK or Apply. If the time filter to be edited is in use by one or more tasks, a
message displays, stating, Editing the time filter could have undesirable
effects in the tasks currently using the time filter. To eliminate this problem,
rename the time filter.
â ¢ Copy. Time filters may be copied by any user. The copied time filter displays and has a number
X appended to the name of the time filter. X is a number making the time filter name unique. To
save changes made to the time filter, click OK or Apply.
â ¢ Delete. A user can delete any time filter that is created by another user. Select the time filter to be
deleted, and click Delete. If the time filter being deleted is in use by one or more tasks, a message
displays, stating The time filter cannot be deleted at this time because it
is in use by one or more tasks.
Time filters are created and viewed in the time zone of the user creating the time filter. For example, if the
default time filter of business hours (8am to 5am) is used and the filter is viewed in the same time zone as
the Central Management Server (CMS), it will display from 8am to 5pm. If the CMS is in Eastern Standard
Time (EST) and a user browses in from Pacific Standard Time (PST), the time filter appears as 5am to 2pm
instead. Also, the time filters created on install use the time zone of the CMS.

Regards.
Jim Weber_1

thanks for the reply. I do have time filter applied, so I took the filter off and I still have the problem. I even created new time filter and still the problem. I have contacted HP about this but have not heard back from them. It does look like a GMT problem only with event handling. It suppose to convert to the browser time and its not. Everything else in insight reports the correct time.