1751809 Members
4662 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The Data Collection task could not find any data to collect

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

no PB, the version is in attachement on my 2nd Post :)

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Sorry no clue to what the problem is. All credentials seem ok. I can't help you any further, anyone else ideas?

Kind regards.

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your time

i've worked a lot with HP SIM but it's the 1st time i've this pb ... and i managed a GEN8 too :)

Mrpink200
Occasional Advisor

Hello

Im facing the same probleme with all my ESXi; 

Is there any solution found since 2014 ?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello quite an old post but found the problem.

Disable all agent on the server exept the Agentless Management Agent.

Enable SNMP on the ILO, configure read community, trap community and destination and set the setting to agentless Management in the same page.

Be sure to delete the server and ILO, then only discover the ILO, if all goes right the ILO will be discovered, when data collection runs for the ILO the server should be added without any extra credentials. Be sure the SIM does not try to discover the server itself as this will cause the timeouts seen earlier.

Once the polling job has run you will also see the status for the server. The Agentless Management software can be downloaded from the hpe.com website.

Kind regards,

Andrew
rcbrewer
Occasional Visitor

Which agents are you disabling. 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

When you want to datacollect a Gen8 server or newer you need to disable the following on the OS SNMP, SNMP agents, WBEM agents and SMH. The Gen8 and newer only need to be monitored and datacollected by the ILO using SNMP, HTTP and if used SSH. If the ILO is configured to send traps and a community to be read by SIM it will read if you enabled the AMS option in the ILO. Then the ILO connects to the Agentless Management Service running on the OS. The info collected by the ILO using the AMS is then added to the server. When you use multi protocols things get timeouts and then you get the error mentioned in the original question.

Kind regards,

Andrew