1753481 Members
4846 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: This repository is empty!

Fredrik Oqvist

This repository is empty!

Hi!

I use Insight Manager 5.3 with a locally installed VCRM. When I choose Options/Version Control Respository from Insight manager, the message appears in red "This repository is empty".

But when I use https://servername:2381 from a server with I.E and choose HP Version Control Agent, the connection to the VCRM works. I can see all the missing patches.

From the I.M server's VCMR (through system management homepage) can I also see the respository and it's content.

How can I get Insight Manager to understand that there are files in the repository?

Regards

Fredrik

10 REPLIES 10
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

How long has it been. There's some kind of time disconnect between the two. I'm not sure what the process is but I have seen this before. As a result I always go to the VCRM via the link from the server hosting the VCRM.

If you leave it for a few hours / a day then it should come right.
Fredrik Oqvist

Thanks for answering!

It has been that way for at least a week. So I don't think it's going to solve itself.

The problem that I forgot to include before is that I can't deploy any software from Insight Manager. I get the same problem with the repository.

I have also reinstalled the VCRM without any luck.

Any suggestions?

/// Fredrik
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure, multiple VCRMs?

I'd just recheck how the VCRM is configured. I always create a top level directory and create sub-sirectories below that to split up the PSPs etc. The VCRM just points to the top level.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

did you reboot yet? I had this problem and it resolved after a reboot.
Fredrik Oqvist

Hi!

I only have one VCMR and it's locally installed. I have restarted the server many times but no luck.

Maybe the only option is to reinstall the entire server?

Regards

// Fredrik

I am having a similar issue. I have SIM 5.3 installed on a HP BL460c Blade and also VCRM installed on the same server.

When I access the Version Control Repository from the Options Menu in SIM it says "This repository is empty".

I have open the Systems Management Homepage on this server and it always timesout (I have extended the timeout to 60 seconds). It shows all components except the Version Control Agent and the Repository Manager.

In Task manager, the process "cpqsrhmo.exe" is constantly using 13% of the CPU. I've researched this process and it is listed as being part of the VCRM. If it stop the service for VCRM this process terminates, but then comes back if I restart it and does the same thing.

Have you had a solution to your issue?
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Had the same issue...here is the problem behind the issue...
When the vcrm catalog is too big (meaning too many files in it) it takes too long to HP SIM to read the catalog...therefore the HP SIM UI times out...and says VCRM is empty.

two things to fix the issue :
1\increase the HTTP timeout in globalsettings.props (in %install directory% of HP SIM generally C:\program files\hp\system insight manager\config) to a minute:

http_request_timeout=60

Once the file is changed, restart the sim service for the modification to be applied.

2\empty the VCRM repository by deleting uncessary support packs.

once done, hp sim should be able to read the vcrm catalog content.

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Fredrik Oqvist

Thanks!!!!

The timeout fix solved the problem.

Regards

Fredrik
Kevin Naughton_2

Thank you Fred, that fix worked for me as well.