1753747 Members
5220 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Thousands of alerts generated

deagle

Thousands of alerts generated

Hi....

HP SIM 5.1 seems to be working well....maybe too well.

Whenever an Event takes place we are flooded with alerts re the Event. Not just one or two or three alerts but alerts every few seconds. Overnight we can receive tens of thousands of E-Mails and Events in the HP SIM console.

We did not have this with the previous version of SIM so I guess there was some type of configuration change when upgrading to v. 5.1....

Any ideas on why this may be happening? Any way to totally start over with the SIM config?

Thanks much!
7 REPLIES 7
Keirsebilck
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem with SIM5.1. Did you finally found a way to stop this alerts ?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello All,

Please refer to the User Guide of SIM 5.1

& Event handling.

You may disable Notifications for MINOR events.

Regards,
James.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

You might also make sure that your SNMP public string is not configured with a trap destination.
Keirsebilck
Occasional Advisor

But if I disable snmp trap, How SIM will see a real matter ? (HD or power failure)
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Don't disable it. Make sure that your private community string is the only one configured with a trap destination and that your public community string is not. This will cut down on some of your alerts.
Keirsebilck
Occasional Advisor

Even after delete the Public community settings i'm still flooded...
I would like to precise that this problems cames after a 5.0 to 5.1SP1 Migration...
Keirsebilck
Occasional Advisor

Something that may be helpful: Even when I stop the SNMP service on the server which send alerts, SIM is still sending (lot of) Emails
Weird isn't it ?