cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout while loading System managment Homepage

Clark Goehrig
Occasional Contributor

Timeout while loading System managment Homepage

I have recently added a remote site's devices to my CIM. I see the devices on the main page but receive an error when trying to open the remote system's homepage.

This is the error:
'Timeout out occurred while loading data for HP system managment homepagewhich may result in missing or incomplete data.'

I am able (after clearing this alert) to open the homepage but the "system model" comes back as unknown. I am able to view the overall system management page but get the same error if I try to drill down into anything.

Is there a timeout or retry state that I'm hitting that is giving me this error??

I'm using Insight Manager 5 and 7.5 agents on the remote hardware.

ideas?

thanks
clark
10 REPLIES
Dan Jeffus
Occasional Advisor

Re: Timeout while loading System managment Homepage

I am getting the same thing after I upgraded to SIM version 7.70
tmagee
Valued Contributor

one fix is to restart the HP Version Control agent on the server you're monitoring (under Windows services and applications), if you're able to access it. This would need done each time (though once only) after the monitored server is rebooted.

I didn't see this on agents 7.6 (would not timeout after a reboot) but perhaps it has returned with agents 7.7

mdking
Occasional Visitor

Three (that I know of) of my 400 servers are having the same problem. The servers are DL380's & two are G4's and one is a G3. They were originally using the 7.40 PSP and after identifying the problem, I did an in place upgrade to PSP 7.70. This did not resolve the issue so I proceeded to remove all the agents and do a clean install of the PSP forcing them to update current versions. This produced no change. I then engaged HP's support. He recommended downgrading to 7.60. I was very doubtful that would produce any desirable effect and that doubt proved to be well founded. Afterward I began searching on the forums and found the following.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=805954
This thread contained some good information and using it I removed & reinstalled SNMP, updated the systems firmware, verified the SNMP settings which are distributed via GPO to all the servers, and found another article.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_ES050727_CW01&locale=en_US
None of these steps helped although the last article made the timeout error message disappear.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
MDK
Ai
Occasional Advisor

I had the same problem with one of my own servers (DL380 G4). In the end, I uninstalled HP openSSH, reinstalled it and restarted all HP services. The page no longer times out.
Nikos101
Occasional Advisor

I am receiving this error on a few servers too.

I have tried all of the above fixes but to no avail.
Mohamed_
Occasional Visitor

disabling verion contol agent solved the problem, as my servers are in a DMZ and can't reache a VCRM so they time out.

Mohamed
Michael Mercogliano
Occasional Advisor

One of the first things I learned to resolve when I started using HP SIM is how to get rid of those "timeout" errors. The thing that resolved 90% of the issues for me is to make sure you have "localhost" listed in the "Accept SNMP packets from these hosts" field which is defined in the SNMP service under the "security" tab.

Hope this helps.

-Mike
Nated
Occasional Visitor

I'm running 8.20 and still getting timeouts. I have been playing around with different settings and the advice given on this thread. The one thing that has really helped me is just increasing the timeout settings. its simple and it works for me.

TO access the timeout settings, log on to the HP SIM homepage https://computername:2381 and go to Settings > Security > Timeouts

hope this helps
Jeremy Sherriff
Occasional Visitor

Thanks @Nated, the timeout settings were the fix I needed. Default was 20s, moved it to 30s and not had a problem since.
Frank_abdoel
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thanks man you have solved my problem. I faced this problem for some weeks now, and HP Engineers could not solve my problem. I had to upgrade our serverpark about 600 serves i had to upgrade the PSP level. But i faced the issue that vca did not appear in the HomeManagement Page. Thanks a lot buddy.