1753767 Members
5531 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Training for SIM?

Doxey C. Kemp
Occasional Contributor

Training for SIM?

First, thanks for the great community here. I have learned a lot browsing through the threads.

Second, someone in a post mentioned Is the SIM training worth it? I cannot find training for SIM on this site. True, I don't see things when they are right in front of me - just ask my wife - but I have really looked and don't see it. Indeed, I would like training on SIM.

Third, I am coming from Compaq Insight Manager 5.5 to HP SIM 5.1. Boy what a leap. I have a lot to learn.
Doxey
3 REPLIES 3
Melinda Cooper
Frequent Advisor

My co-workers and I did a HP SIM class via RAIL Remote Assisted Instructor Led. The course was #U8474SR. It was really worth it. The course was 3 days and we were able to do it onsite. (no traveling) There were at least 8/10 students from all over the country. The time difference didn't seem to be too much of a factor . In fact the instructor was in England.
Doxey C. Kemp
Occasional Contributor

Thanks much! That got me on my way.

Looks like that course has been replaced by a 4-day one: http://www.hp.com/education/courses/he644s.html

p.s. I wish I could assign more point, this is my first time and it appears that once assigned you cant go back to change it.
Magnus Bernhardson
Occasional Advisor

If you want to learn more than just SIM i would recomend the complete HP Certified Program.

Implementing HP Proliant Servers
Course number: 25459-521-SG
Integrating and Managing HP Proliant Servers in the Enterprise
Course number: 25458-521-APP
HP Enterprise Systems Management v5.11
Course number: 24785-511-SG

I attended these courses in Sweden but i think they are available worldwide.

Regards Magnus Bernhardson