Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753461 Members
4899 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Trouble to install HP software on client server.

lachand

Trouble to install HP software on client server.

Hi,

I have install HPSIM and when I try to install the softwares on one of my client server (DL140G3 - Win2003 std server US) I have this warning:

"Installation for "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003" requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:

- HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows"

And the same for "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003".

But i can't find those software for my DL140G3 ! The only link I've found on HP website are no longuer valid for thoses products.

By the way, in my HPSIM console some server are unknown for system type, product and OS.

Please help !

Thanks.

Regards.
(Sorry for my rusty english !)
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You are not talking about HP SIM but the ProLiant Support Pack which contains the agents and drivers for ProLiant ML/DL 300/500 and BL servers. It is not available for the ProLiant 100 series.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If the servers showing up as Unknown are HP Servers then by correctly setting up SNMP you should be able to identify them. Provided SNMP is installed - may not be by default on a Windows Server.

SNMP needs the community names added as well as the CMS entered as an allowed host.

As David has said, the DL100 series are the very cheap variants, management is one of the things you lose.
lachand

Thanks for those quick answer !

Regards.