1748255 Members
3872 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPtime

Stephen wyatt

UPtime

can some on tell me how to Track and report uptime on windows nodes in Sim???

steve
6 REPLIES 6
Mike Strako
Trusted Contributor

You will need this file from Microsoft,
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/management/uptime/default.asp?

Place the file on your CMS box in c:\winnt or c:\windows\system directory. Create a basic script using the sytax:

echo on
uptime \\%DEVICENAME%
exit
Nick H
Advisor

I too would like to know more than simple uptimes. I would like to find a way to get trending of server systems beyond an uptime report.

An uptime report would simply show the last time the server was rebooted. I would like to know how many times the server was rebooted in the last month. Or how many times the system was serviced for any related failure of hardware.

Anyone have something to report these types of trends in SIM?

Thank you in advance.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP SIM has no way of tracking that. If you use uptime from MS with the /s parameter, you get a pretty comprehensive report like the attached.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Bumped to be above moved questions...
David_Quist

Though it is interesting why SIM would even include the option if it weren't meant to be used? Must be some way to activate it?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If you mean by 'including this option' the field in the database, that is something HP SIM can collect from HP-UX systems. The only thing that the Windows and Linux agents track is how long the SNMP service has been up, something inadequate for reporting up time.