1748129 Members
3659 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Un-installing HP VCRM from HP SIM server

laksh_1612
Advisor

Un-installing HP VCRM from HP SIM server

What are the verfication checks (from SIM perspective) needed to perform on HP SIM server after un-installing HP VCRM? Will there be any impact on SIM functionality if VCRM is un-installed and repository directory is deleted?

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You csn uninstall the VCRM from add remove software. I always point to an external repository directory and have to delete it by hand. I would restart the SMH and SIM service after uninstalling.

Kind regards,

Andrew
laksh_1612
Advisor

Un-installed VCRM from SIM server using Control Panel->Programs and Features. Rebooted SIM server and deleted repository directory manually. SIM URL's are working fine and no issues have been reported on SIM functionality.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

You don't need the VCRM for monitoring purposes. The VCRM can be used to check baselines but i believe HP will discontinue this feature in favour of HP SUM.
Kind regards,

Andrew
laksh_1612
Advisor

Yes, using VCRM to check the versions of installed firmware & software versions and compare with the latest versions available in the repository and update the versions accordingly using VCA. VCRM has been brought-up on a separate server, hence removed the old VCRM from SIM server.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you push an update from SIM HP SUM can be used (this is an option during config for the push). If you go to the server to pull an update you need the VCA. The VCA and SMH will be discontinued in favor of the ILO4 and AMS monitoring and HP SUM for updating. The VCA and SMH has had security issues as it uses open SSL.

Kind regards,

Andrew
laksh_1612
Advisor

Agreed,. however push is deferred for now and will check when VCA and SMH are discontinued. Thanks for the info.