1748198 Members
2620 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to Access SIM 5.0 via browser

Arthur Goble
Occasional Advisor

Unable to Access SIM 5.0 via browser

Had SIM 5.0 running for about a month everything working pretty well. Today no one can access SIM. Have tried Https://servername:5000, http://servername:280/. I've checked and restarted services and everything is ok except HP Insight Event Notifier, getting the event log, "com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database" when I try to started to start the service. Running on a DL380 Dual 2.8 mhz procs and a gig of memory. Network is about 1000 servers 20,000 workstations.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to Access SIM 5.0 via browser

What state is the database in?
Has the username or password that HPSIM uses to access the database changed in any way?
Arthur Goble
Occasional Advisor

Yes it did, although I thought I'd updated it everywhere. If that's the isssue it's no big deal. This is a test box, it was working properly until the password change. On the prod box we will have an ID with the permissions needed that never exprires so this shouldn't be an issue. Just for grins what did I miss?
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

You will need to change the database access password.

To change the password, open a command prompt on the SIM CMS and execute the following command

mxpassword -m -x MxDBUserPassword="password"

the password can contain special characters but not the double-quote character. This command is case sensitive.