New Discussion

Re: Unable to Connect to Database

SOLVED
Go to solution
JDM_Nokia
Valued Contributor

Unable to Connect to Database

Hi Gurus,

I am running SIM 9.x on a Windows 2008 Server.  My domain password expired and then got locked out.  I fixed this issue, but now I cannot start up SIM.  The error is "Unable to connect to database.  Check if database service is running."

I am using MS SQL Server locally and it was installed by the application.

When I run MXGETDBINFO, I get the below error.  Please note that the "database initialization failed..." error occurs multiple times until the user account locks and then the error "...Error accessing database..." occurs.

I have turned off the SIM service since it locks up my user account.

Thoughts?

Database initialization failed for URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://DAEBU41:1433/Insight_v50_0_152321143;loginTimeout=20;domain=DAEBU41;instance= Ex: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.
HP Systems Insight Manager shutting down: com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database
host=DAEBU41
port=1433
dbname=Insight_v50_0_152321143
user=nosp_admin

4 REPLIES 4
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor
Solution

It should be HPSIM 7.x - :)

you can use "mxpassword -g" cli to update the DB password. Update other 2 option also.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/info-library5/mxpassword.1m.html

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

JDM_Nokia
Valued Contributor

Thanks Tushar!

Your solution resolved my issue.  I had not changed the DB password.  Once I did this everything started to work.

Jalaludeen
Occasional Collector

I was using my  own account while installing, now i changed my password. After that its not allowing me to login.

I tried to change the user name/passoword in Services.

I also tried to update "DbuserPassword " using mxpassword -g. it did not helped me.

can some one help on this..

Simone Rossato
Occasional Visitor

Please,

note that you have to launch "mxpassowrd -g" select modify and select a user (MXDbUserPassword) that is not visible in list section and change the new password here.