1753331 Members
5154 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to Customize User Home Page

DEJones_1
Advisor

Unable to Customize User Home Page

Last year I upgraded to SIM 5.0 SP5 after which users were no longer able to customize their Home Page to show a custom collection. We cannot select any custom collection as the 'Okay' button is grayed out. I can select any default collection and click okay, but nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankd DJones
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I can only guess at the authorization tools, check the user settings in the Options->Security->Users and Authorizations.

Maybe try changing the toolboxes etc. and see if they then get the required access.
DEJones_1
Advisor

Rob,

I have checked Users and Authorizations. All users have full administrative access to SIM. In the Toolbox section, I have the default toolboxes, neither of which can be edited outright. Also, neither toolbox lists User Home Page customization so I think this should be a global ability regardless of a user's access rights. Thanks for the suggestion. If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Dennis
Graham Drew
Advisor

I have the same problem - but have some further info.
Any user can customise to any "dynamic" collection - i.e. a collection that has been sepcified using attributes, but cannot customise to a "static" collection - i.e. one that contains a fixed set of items.

Graham
john mills_3
Frequent Advisor

I ran into that once - when the custom
collection was private users with ALL access
could see it but not use it. Moving them to
shared solved the problems.

The DBA's seemed to think it was a "feature"
within the database !!!!
Ken Olson WAS god !!
Graham Drew
Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this must be a different issue... All the collections I am trying to use are already shared..