5195 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to Open SIM after DB Moves

Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Unable to Open SIM after DB Moves

Hello,

Our SIM databases and application have always resided on a single box. Recently I relocated the databases to a Polyserve cluster using the HP technical notes. Since the move SIM does not open, it sits at the "Checking the HP Systems Insight Manager web server" splash screen. A couple of errors in the event log are

Restarting MxDomainManager
and
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

Please help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See if you can in fact open the DB from the SIM server using some other method, like an ODBC connection from Excel or something. That will verify whether you have a SIM setup problem or an infrastructure problem.

Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Hello,

Yes I can connect via management studio and ODBC. I have now got past that problem and can connect to SIM however, the data seems to be static, if I discover a system it does not appear under All Systems but I can search for it using the search function. In addition if I shut a server down which is being monitored by SIM it does not recognise that the system is unavailable

Hope that makes sense?

Regards