108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to associate GEN10 server with ILO5 when discovered in SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Unable to associate GEN10 server with ILO5 when discovered in SIM

I have a GEN10 server that will not associate with the iLO when I add the iLO to HPE SIM.  I get this error message:

The discovered management processor is not associated with its server. Verify that the supported management processor firmware version is installed.

I have updated the iLO to the latest version (1.30) and just patched HPE SIM this morning to 7.6 June Hotfix, but it still will not work,  I have tried rebooting the server, the iLO, and cold-booting the iLO (pulling the power cables out of the server),  The AMS service is running and appears heathly.  I am not seeing any events related to this type of problem in either the iLO event logs or the Windows event logs.  I dont see any driver errors when I open device manager in Windows.  The CHiF is installed and shows normal in device manager.

There is a firewall between the Server/ILO and the SIM server, but not one between the iLO and the server itself (plus the AMS should eliminate the need for network communication between the two anyways).  I can discover the iLO no problem in SIM...it just will not associate to the server when I do the discovery.  So since I can discover the iLO, I dont think it is a FW issue.

Any suggestions.

NK

4 REPLIES 4
KK
HPE Pro

Hi NK,

On HPE SIM Discovery page, select to Configure General Settings.

On this page make sure that the check box selected for server discovery when the iLO is discovered.

Hope this helps. If not, please raise a support ticket with HPE and we would help you to get iLO5 associated with the server.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  The checkbox to discover the server with the iLO is already checked.  I can discover other servers no problem.  Just this one does not work.

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

After applying the latest SIM 7.6 2018 hotfix pack, and I am now able sucessfully add the server to SIM.

NK

CMMWSP
Occasional Advisor

This did not solve my problem. I installed the latest Hotfix and still cannot discover iLO5 running on my Gen10 Windows 2019 servers. Any help to determine what needs to be done so iLO5 can be discovered and associated with the server is appreciated.

Thanks!