Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753830 Members
9611 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to change any account passwords

Jim Payne

Unable to change any account passwords

We have a number of HP servers that have been built over the course of time with the Smartstart CD (verious versions). We are currently looking to standardise and simplify the management of the servers and are looking in the first instance to have an administrator to log on via the web access (port 2381)with the operator account and check the logs. We have tried to standardise the operator passwords but on some servers we hit a problem. When we log on as the Administrator and go to "settings" (only on a few of the servers)and select the "change password" option, it takes us straight back to the logon screen. We have tried to un-install and re-install the applications, and have re-installed the PSP's (verious versions) configured with the passwords, but without success. The server I am playing with at the moment is running NT4.0 SP6 but there are servers running W2K that display the same problem. Can anyone suggest anything ?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

For those with agents pre 7.20 then you could copy the cpqhmmd.acl file (c:\compaq\wbem) from a working Server to a non-working Server. This contains the passwords.

If you move up to 7.20 and beyond these passwords are no longer used, authentication is via your domain or similar.

Note, if you're just trying to update change the agents without the rest of the PSP, that may also cause problems, especially later agents with old PSP's.
Jim Payne

I've tried that and I am ablt to log on to the accounts with the relevant passwords, but when I log on as administrator I and go to settings and select change password, I thows me back to the logon page. I would like to know why this happens and how I can resolve the problem so I can change passwords from the server.