1753347 Members
4927 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to change severity of event

Prak
Occasional Advisor

Unable to change severity of event

I have a number of servers listed on my Insight Manager CMS as having a minor event. When I log into the System Management Homepage for the server there are no errors and the status of the server is ok. The only thing that may be causing it is in the Integrated Management Log, there are old entries which have been repaired. I have tried deleting and rediscovering the system and it still comes back with a minor alert.

I'm running Insight Manager 5 SP4 and the servers are mostly Proliant ML370 G1-G4. I have other servers also Proliant ML370 G1-G4 and they have no issues even if they have existing entries in the IML which haven't been repaired but are not causing problems now.

I would like to show them as having problems when there is an actual problem.
4 REPLIES 4
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Hi,
If status is OK in SMH and "minor" in HP SIM
the problem probably related to "Hardware status for servers" task. I have seen sometimes that this task stop working suddenly and when restart of HP SIM server help.
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Another thing that is quite annoying are the older ILO-boards like those in ML370's.

Disconnected ILO external power supply's may cause a Yellow status in HPSIM and are not showing in the SMH homepage. You can disable the detection of external power supplies on the ILO-board.

Another one are NVRAM-errors on the ILO-board. Those show an Orange status in HPSIM, though not in the SMH Homepage. From the SMH, Remote Insight menu, the ILO-board can be reset. Sometimes it takes several ILO-resets before the NVRAM-error is resolved.
Prak
Occasional Advisor

I tried resetting the iLo board on one of the servers. It is a ML370 g4 and the iLO board wasn't listed on the HP SIM. When I logged on and reset the board, I also sent a test SNMP trap so the board can be discovered by the HP SIM. It listed up as first green ie normal and then switched to yellow ie minor. I checked the self test log on the iLO and it says that everything has passed testing.
Prak
Occasional Advisor

UPS serial cable was not connected to the serial port of the server. The UPS monitoring service was send SNMP alerts which were being forwarded to the Insight Manager server for that particular server. Once the cable was connected the issue was resolved.