108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to clear errors in Integratred management log

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Unable to clear errors in Integratred management log

I have SIM up and a server is showing errors in the IML. I have selected the error and cliched "Mark Selected Items Repaired" and nothing happens. I have tried the other options to clear the whole log and mark all items repaired and still nothing. Not even an error. I have rebooted the server and tried again. Still nothing. I have over 100 servers in SIM and this is the first time I ahve seen this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris
8 REPLIES 8
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to clear errors in Integratred management log

Tip on geting HELP in the HP Forum APPLY YOU RE...
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=CA1386886&listType=unassigned&forumId=1
These point are in every message reply you get in Question.
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

I KNOW YOU'RE ANSWER, it easy one.
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

And the answer is?

Thanks
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You get when you apply you re points..it so easy...
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have the correct authorizations to delete the logs on All Managed Systems.
Options, Security, Users and Authoriztions.
That is where I would look first.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Nope not there..
;)
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor
Solution

Let me quote David Claypool:

"The Insight agents require the presence of Read-Write or Read-Create (the same as Read-Write in Microsoft SNMP) for proper operation. A write string is necessary to set disk thresholds, clear the IML, and for inter-agent communications. HP SIM does NOT use a write string across the wire--all of its "write" operations are accomplished via HTTPS."

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

And the alternative method is to use the HP Integrated Management Log Viewer program directly, it should be under Program Files ->HP System Tools

There were also some issues with the older PSPs where they didn't always clear. Again using the IML directly should help.
Mohamed_

try IML viewer from the server start menu -> hp system tools it should work even when the web based IML does not pending that you have the read_write SNMP string