1753944 Members
8919 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to log into Insight manager with any account

Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

Unable to log into Insight manager with any account

Is there a way to "reset" the login information for HP Insight Manager? I have reset the domain account, the service account, and the MXpasswords for HPSIM all to the same password to make sure that there was not a conflict somewhere. The account has local log on rights, I have restarted the server, as well as the services numerous times. The homepage for insight manager comes up, but all logins local or domain fail. I have attached the single line error that displays when any account is used to login (attempt to log in would be a better choice of words.) Any help other than a reinstall would be appreciated. Thanks for your assistance.
9 REPLIES 9
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to log into Insight manager with any account

Hi Dan

*The password for the service account used by the HP SIM Windows service is changing. Follow the procedure to change?

Solution:
1. Stop HP SIM.
2. Access the Services control panel and edit the service credentials to provide the new password for the
HP Systems Insight Manager service.
3. Run mxpassword -g and modify the following password:
MxHPSIMServicePassword
4. Restart HP SIM.

*The password for the database account used by the HP SIM Windows service is changing. What do I need to change?
Solution:
1. Stop HP SIM.
2. Run mxpassword -g and modify the following password to the new account password:
MxDBUserPassword
MxPMPPassword
3. Restart HP SIM.
A Real man makes his own luck
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your posting,

I have completed the steps you outlined and rebooted the server once they were finished. When I launch HP SIM, I get to the login screen but I still am unable to get past it. All login accounts fail with a message that states in red letters just above the login boxes "sign in failure". I really don't want to reinstall everything as it took nearly 3 hours last time including configuration and troubleshooting. Is there a registry location that can be reviewed to reset logon information?
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your posting,

I have completed the steps you outlined and rebooted the server once they were finished. When I launch HP SIM, I get to the login screen but I still am unable to get past it. All login accounts fail with a message that states in red letters just above the login boxes "sign in failure". I really don't want to reinstall everything as it took nearly 3 hours last time including configuration and troubleshooting. Is there a registry location that can be reviewed to reset logon information?
Rider
Trusted Contributor

You can login by creating one more user in HP SIM. Use the following CLI command to create a full rights user

mxuser -a username -p full

And make sure same user is created in O/S. And check the user you are trying login is avaliable in HP SIM users
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

Interesting:

I performed the mxuser command with the parameters you suggested and I received the following error:

"There was a problem connecting to the HP Systems Insight Manager server. Make su
re that:
1. Your username has been added to HP Systems Insight Manager.
2. Your username and password, if specified, are correctly spelled.
3. HP Systems Insight Manager is running.
4. You used '--' for any long options and double quotes if your username include
s a domain.
Example: --user "mydomain\myusername" --pass mypassword"

I cycled through the login accounts after clearing temporary IE files, no change - still will not allow login.
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

I attempted the suggestion you submitted and received an interesting error as a result - take a look:

There was a problem connecting to the HP Systems Insight Manager server. Make sure that:
1. Your username has been added to HP Systems Insight Manager.
2. Your username and password, if specified, are correctly spelled.
3. HP Systems Insight Manager is running.
4. You used '--' for any long options and double quotes if your username include
s a domain.
Example: --user "mydomain\myusername" --pass mypassword

I cleared temporary IE files and tried the login accounts again just in case, but none were able to log in.
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

I'm not sure why HP is doing a double posting. The system seems to reject my submission and gives me a "page cannot be displayed" error. After I submit the second time it goes through. Anyway that is aside from the issue at hand, I will monitor the postings more closely to make sure it is singular from now on. Sorry for the extras!
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Hi dan,

This is seen when there is problem with HP SIM database connectivity. Make sure that HP SIM service is up and running...
Dan Wilkins
Occasional Advisor

The services are all running, I even restarted them to make sure the passwords were good. I guess I will look into backing up the SIM database and reinstalling the HP SIM software. I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate it.