108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to retrieve certificate from management server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Proteau
Frequent Advisor

Unable to retrieve certificate from management server

We are installing the newest version of HP Inisght Manager on a new server in a different network segment than the current Inisght Manager server.

Systems Insight Manager 5.2 with SP2 - Windows Build version: C.05.02.02.00

I think I have a port blocked that I need for automatic certificate imports. I get this error when accessing SMH only from servers in a particular network segment.

Unable to retrieve certificate from management server XXX
The server certificate for XXX could not be obtained. Possible causes could be an incorrect server name or a DNS related problem due to mixed usage of full DNS versus short DNS name. To proceed with original request, provide credentials (above) and press the LOGIN button.

Can someone tell me the ports automatic certificate import uses when accessing SMH and which direction.

Regards
3 REPLIES 3
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The only port needs to opened is 2301 and 2381 for SMH.

Before that have you trusted the SMH server with HPSIM?

Regards
Sinto
Derek_56
Valued Contributor
Solution

Brian,

Read through this pdf, it will tell you all the ports required for HP server management:

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/MANAGINGHPServers-withHPSIM.pdf

Gladiator,

That's what he's attempting, but the SMH requires the certificate prior to trusting the SIM instance.
Brian Proteau
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Derek. Looks like I'll find what I need there....and you're correct, I can accewss SMH just fine it is the certicicate import that is failing.