Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve the Microsoft Cluster Service data in HP SIM 6.2 with HOTFIX62_001

Nojan Emad
Occasional Contributor

Unable to retrieve the Microsoft Cluster Service data in HP SIM 6.2 with HOTFIX62_001

I have recently upgraded from HP SIM 6.1 to HP SIM 6.2, however I been having issues with cluster monitoring from the get go.

I have called HP Support but no one seems to be able to give a right answer on this issue. I really hope someone can help me out on the forum:

1. Cluster Nodes – Deleted
2. Cluster name, virtual name – Deleted

My question is post discovering cluster nodes, Server 1 and Server 2, do I discover the cluster virtual name or cluster name?

I have tried the two and I still get this error “Unable to retrieve the Microsoft Cluster Service data”

I am using windows 2008 server SP2 (Not R2) on the both HP SIM server and my clusters.

2 REPLIES
pkratz
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to retrieve the Microsoft Cluster Service data in HP SIM 6.2 with HOTFIX62_001

We have the same Problem with SIM 6.3.

Did you find a solution?

Kind regards

Paul

douggie
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to retrieve the Microsoft Cluster Service data in HP SIM 6.2 with HOTFIX62_001

Hi

To fix this issue, just leave Applications and End to end left ticked in the SNMP settings, then discvery the cluster (lowercase) and the nodes.  You should then find it works ok