1748030 Members
5229 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Uncleared event status not updating

Jon_151
Regular Advisor

Uncleared event status not updating

I am running HPSIM 7.3, on windows 2008 R2.  The sim server is not receiving snmp traps, however the server HW status changes in the all systems list, so it is receiving data from the server via the iml log.

Any help is greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Re: Uncleared event status not updating

hi,

check Firewall (Windows firewall and if there is any network-firewall):

Ports 161,162 for SNMP Traps (161 is from CMS --> Managed system / 162 is from managed system --> CMS)

also check SNMP Service configuration on managed system and on CMS (CMS should have "accept from all hosts" managed system should have correct community string and snmp target defined)

If you need specific configuration details check:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/unified/infolibraryfm.html

if you have other questions just ask ;-)

Regards,

Jon_151
Regular Advisor

Ville,

Thanks, I did miss the "allow traps from any host"  I had that locked down. Also the snmp trap services was set to disabled, instead of manual.  I set that to manual and did put rules in the windows firewall for 161, 162, however those rules did not work.  Windows made rules for the snmp trap server (in) but never enabled the rules.  Once I enabled them I can receive snmp traps.  Not sure why my rules would not work.  Thanks for your help!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Jon,

The reason that your servers did get status updates was because SIM collectesxthe server status every 5 minutes by default. The only problem with that is you don't get events, these get triggered by snmp or wbem events.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew