1753366 Members
5672 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Update through Version Control Agent

Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Update through Version Control Agent

Whenever I tried to update some software through the Version Control agent it does not work. I set the server to my SIM server to download the software. Once it goes through the download is says Status Code 3, software not needed.

Why would it say this and show it as in the system in VC Agent?
5 REPLIES 5
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

It can be a discovery module issue.

To get proper inventory in VCA, make sure to install "Insight Management Agent" and Configure SNMP with atleast one community string with atleast read permission.

& optionaly try to rename the folder "Discovery" present inside "c:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent".
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

I've checked everything and I can't get it to work correctly. I'm still not sure what the issue is.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What's the software that VC is trying to update, what's the server OS etc.

There is an issue with recent PSP's where they incorrectly show devices that are not actually on the server. VC fails to update these with the error. The fix is to rename the directory as described above.

You need to provide a bit more info.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Please if this helps, provide a step by step direction for what I need to do to after I rename the directory.

Windows Server 2003
Service Pack 1

The reason for the 3 numbers is we have our own Baseline, FYI.

HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 5.41.0.0 5.42.0.0 5.42.0.0

HP ProLiant ATI RAGE XL Video Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 5.10.2600.6013 5.10.2600.6024 5.10.2600.6024

HP ProLiant Smart Array Device Manager Extension for Windows Server 2003 5.4.0.32 6.4.0.32 6.4.0.32
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

I had the same issue. It is with the following drivers after installing PSP 8.0a:
HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003
HP ProLiant ATI RAGE XL Video Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003
HP ProLiant Smart Array Device Manager Extension for Windows Server 2003/2008

I contacted HP. They stated this is a bug with the new version control agent that they are working on. They state that the actual drivers are installed correctly and just a problem with how VCA is reporting it. A possible work around they gave was to go back and install PSP 7.8, 7.91, and 8.0 in order. I'm chosing to wait for an updated version control agent.

I hope that helps,
Tim