1753679 Members
5609 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating PSP on SIM server

gldiii
Frequent Advisor

Updating PSP on SIM server

I've had issues updating the support pack on the SIM CMS itself, and was wondering if anyone has any experience/recommendations on how to do the update? Seems everytime I do the install, parts of it do not complete sucessfully and I wind up having to go back and rerun the install. Any thoughts? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Hemantha Kumara
Advisor

Re: Updating PSP on SIM server

Hi,

If you are upgrading the Support packs from old version to the recent versions, then some of the agents might not upgrade. for example smatstart 7.7 is supported for windows 2000. Its supported for only W2K3.

Some of the hardware in the server might not support the agent, that might be the reason of the failure.
Please let me know if you have any question.
Please let me know your OS where you are trying to deply PSP.
Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop.
gldiii
Frequent Advisor

Re: Updating PSP on SIM server

OS is win2003. It's not really a matter of the hardware not being supported because after the initial run (yes, it's an upgrade to 7.60) most components are installed sucessfully, but a few have issues (Net config utility most often), but rerunning the install has been successful for those that failed previously. I'm just wondering if there is a "recommended" way for upgrading the psp on the CMS itself.