1753851 Members
9289 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Updating product names

ocoton
Occasional Contributor

Updating product names

I am having issues trying to server model whilst trying to add a new collection, when I goto 'Choose members by Attributes' not all of the HP Proliant models are there. Does anyone know how to update this list.

Hope this question makes sense.

3 REPLIES 3
Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Probably i do not understand you. Do you mean when you click on view (attached screen is from SIM 7.2) you are not able to see all you managed Proliant servers?

ocoton
Occasional Contributor

No when I click on Product name (not System Sub type) I don't see all of the server types ie: can't see BL460c G8s, or even older models like BL20p G4s

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Oh ok i think there are only systems which were properly discovered by HP SIM. Try to find Product Model label at System page of managed system (system should not be unmanaged in case you want to have some info in here). If you are convinced that system was not identified correctly you can change its product name (and much more) at HP SIM > Options > System Properties > Set System Properties. In case you will use this setting do not foreget to set up System Property Lock aslo find in Set System Properties page.

I you thought there is something like a mass upload of product from some list, i have to say i did not heard about it before, so i cant help you in this case.

BR,

Martin

// Remember to identify system if you need to refresh info about managed node.