1752761 Members
5166 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade all drivers

Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade all drivers

What is the best way for upgrade all drivers of Proliant server with HPSIM and VCA ?
I have many servers which need to be upgraded.
Today, i'm connecting on each server for upgrade one driver by one... it's not friendly with 100 server !

I'm listening you !

Thanks
Antho
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

In HP SIM, Deploy --> Deploy Drivers, Firmware and Agents --> Install Software and Firmware to create a task to do a mass update...
Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

ok but you must choose each drivers !? Perhaps, i'd like to use template with one server upgraded for update my server... there is solution like this ?
Antho
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

"Deploy",
"Deploy Drivers, Firmware and Agents",
"Install software and firmware",
Select target system(s),
Select "System Software Baseline",
Operating System,
Software Bundles,
Proliant Support Pack for (OS)
Run or Schedule.

A Support Pack will not always install the latest drivers, though the combination of drivers has been tested together and has been found OK.
Support Packs are distributed about each 6 months. Loose drivers are issed when finished, so there will almost always be some driver that is not included in the latest Support Pack.
At least, a Support Pack will install ALL drivers, system software and utilities that are required for full management of the hardware.
Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

Allright!
I didn't know, with upgrade PSP I upgrade all the drivers !

I try immediately !
Antho
Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

All the drivers below are not updated with install of PSP 7.40 :
HP Network Configuration Utility for Windows Server 2003 8.10.0.0 8.10.0.0 8.20.0.0
HP System Management Homepage for Windows 2.1.2.127 2.1.2.127 2.1.4.143
HP NC10xx/67xx/77xx/150x/320x/324x/325x/326x Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver for Windows Server 2003 8.39.1.0 8.39.1.0 8.48.0.0
Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array 5i and SA-532 2.58 2.62

I must upgrade this drivers manually ?
Antho
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Correct. The Network Config Utility, the NC10xx/67xx and the SMH that are included in the SP7.40 are not the latest versions available.
Also:
-Insight Management Agents 7.40.0.0 -->7.41.0.0
-ILO Controller Driver 5.37.0.0 -->5.39.0.0
are not the latest available.

Remember that Support Packs never include ROM Flash updates. You always have to do them separately. Same procedure, only select the specific component instead of a Support Pack.

There might be a performance issue with the Insight Management Agents 7.40 and ILO Controller driver 5.37. You might either upgrade both together, or wait for the next Support Pack (7.50?).
Anthony_137
Frequent Advisor

Its a good begin for me.
But the search of the driver's version is not very easy with the deploy utility. You must find the good driver in very popular list...
Antho