Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751797 Members
5323 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade to HP iLO2 version 1.61 firmware fails to report new version in the VCA

James Lackey
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade to HP iLO2 version 1.61 firmware fails to report new version in the VCA

I just upgraded the iLO 2 firmware for three DL360 G5 Servers this weekend to version 1.61. During boot, I can see that the iLO is showing version 1.61, but when I fire up the VCA, it still shows my old version (1.42).

The iLO doesn't seem to be showing up in my SMH, so I'm guessing that probably has something to do with it, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
3 REPLIES 3
Edward Latzko
Advisor

Re: Upgrade to HP iLO2 version 1.61 firmware fails to report new version in the VCA

Try restarting the HP Version Control Agent service. Also the latest firmware version for iLO2 is 1.70. Just an FYI.....
James Lackey
Occasional Contributor

Restarting the VCA didn't help, nor did restarting the Foundation Agents, which I think I saw in another post.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If the ILO is not showing up in the SMH then the sub-agents are probably disabled.

From Control Panel, go to the HP Management Agents section and move the Remote Insight agents back. Restart the agents and then rerun an SW polling task. That should then show it correctly.
You can then remove the remote Insight agents again. You do this if they're not conencted otherwise they show up a Major HW fault.