1752767 Members
5560 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade to HPsim5.2 Ok but will not start up

SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade to HPsim5.2 Ok but will not start up

The upgrade to 5.2 went smoothly, I removed and re-installed openssh 3.7.1 as recommended during the install. I rebooted the server and tried to bring up HPsim and it is stuck on "checking HTTP server". I gave it 10mins but it does not seem to get pass that.
9 REPLIES 9
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

Try to do a re-initialize by executing:

mxinitconfig ├в a

Let me know if this solves the problem.
SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

What do I type after mxinitconfig? In your reply the characters look strange
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

sorry, just type:

mxinitconfig -a
chase bolton

I am having the same issue. The previous post of running "mxinitconfig -a" didn't fix it.
Any other ideas?
SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

Stopped the HPsim service and ran the command. Started up HPSIM and again it was stuck. I ran the mxinitconfig -a again a second time and it did not go anywhere. So I ran the mxpassword -g command and re-entered the DB and service password again and this time HPSIM came up. So I am wondering if the password got reset during the upgrade.
chase bolton

I tried that as well. However, I am still dead in the water. Maybe I'll back this down to 5.1.
Can you think of anything else I could try first?
SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

When it did eventally start up again it was after about 7 minutes. Funny thing is I also at that very moment clicked inside the window where it was saying "checking HTTP server". I tried the same thing a few times afterwards and it seems to kill the counting and jump into HPSIM. Let me know if it does the same for you..
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Check to see if you can access HP SIM directly in the browser:

https://SIMSERVERNAME:50000

When you use the shortcut on the desktop, it executes a routine to check to see if the HP SIM service is running; if not, it attempts to start the service, then waits a few moments before checking again to give it time to start. Typically, when stuck at 'checking HTTP server' it means that the routine is getting a false negative, generally caused by a security setting.
Winfried Baur
Occasional Advisor

I had the same issue. I Installed HPSIM under a Domain Account with Administrator permissions. The SQL2003 Server was preinstalled. All works fine. Then a week later I created a local user Account because the Domain Account must change all 2 weeks the password.I assigned this local user to the HPSIM Service. In the database.props I altered the dbuser= ADS\\admin1 to DBuser=hpsimserv3\simuser. The HPSIM Service startet perfectly. But when I do mxinitconfig -a it gives me an Error Cant connect to Database in Step 6. Contacted our SQLDB guru. He set up this local user in SQL Server as DBowner for the Insight DB and PMP DB. Now under this local account with the sqlmgr we could connect to the DB. But the mxinitconfig -a give me still the same error. I found out that I must enter in the Database.props
DBuser=hpsimserv3\\simuser. With 2 backslash. I could reproduce this behavior today on a new Installation.
So You can install HPSIM with your Domain user Account but you should create the local user before under the HPSIM Service should run.
Assign this local user during installtion as the SQL user. If you install with your Domain account and change the HPSIM Service to run under a local Account you have to create this account in the SQL2003 Server and assign it as DBowner for the HPSIM DB (Insight.... PMP) and also remember to set up the DBusername in the Database.props with the 2 Backslash. I think this come from the Linux and HPUX world. The first backslash is there a spezial Charater. Hope this helps.