1751687 Members
4564 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrading HP NIC Driver for Servers

Michael Mercogliano
Occasional Advisor

Upgrading HP NIC Driver for Servers

Can someone tell me the proper way to upgrade the NIC driver on a server. If I try installing it through version control manager from the HP SIM server or from the System Management Homepage from the server itself it fails 50% of the time. I know when the driver is updated the connection to the server is dropped momentarily however, when it does not complete successfully I lose all connectivity to the server which never returns. My only option is to connect to the server through iLO and login through the server console. When I go into device manager, the NIC device has a yellow (!). I have to uninstall the NIC and scan for new hardware. Then load the new drivers and reconfigure tcpip information.

Is anyone else having these issues or does anyone have a process that works?

Thanks,
-Mike
3 REPLIES 3
JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

Re: Upgrading HP NIC Driver for Servers

I have seen the same issue going to the Support Pack 8.10 version of ProLiant NICs. Several of my systems have failed during the install, leaving the NIC disabled. I could only manually install the driver to get it working.
karim h
Valued Contributor

Have you tried using HPSUM.EXE instead? (Software Update Manager on PSP distro)

It copies all of the required files to the server first and creates a HPSUM service to do an offline install...

Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Yea... SUM is much better.. i can't get it to work over firewalls though.. and I know the ports are open