New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading HP SIM 5.2 SP1 using HP Insight Control ( ICE ) 3.0 DVD #1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Babayan
Advisor

Upgrading HP SIM 5.2 SP1 using HP Insight Control ( ICE ) 3.0 DVD #1

Hi Guys,

I have a HP SIM 5.2 SP1 Vmware Virtual Machine (in a DEV enviorment) where I am trying to boot from a HP Insight Control( ICE ) 3.0 DVD #1.On my laptop, I can double-click on the " Autorun.exe" on the first DVD #1 and it comes up to the installation menu with no errors ! I remotely mapped a network drive to my laptop's DVD drive (from my Virtual Machine) which is being shared and tried to run the " autorun.exe" on the DVD #1 it comes up with " Microsoft C++ Virtual Library RunTime Error! Abnormal Program Termination" and I can not go any further. I copied the whole 5 GB DVD#1 into the D:\ drive on my HP SIM 5.2 SP1 Virtual Machine and try to run "Autorun.exe" from D:\ drive I get the same above RunTime Error !! I am trying to get the " Installer " on HP Insight Control ( ICE ) 3.0 to upgrade my current HP SIM 5.2 in my ( DEV ) enviorment but I can not pass this Runtime error ?? Has anyone ran this HP Insight Control ( ICE ) 3.0 installer on a Virtual Machine tried to upgrade a HP SIM 5.2 SP1 on it ?? Any assistance is appreciated ?? I am not sure if I could actually run this HP Insight Control ( ICE ) 3.0 on a Vmware virtual machine at all ??
7 REPLIES 7
Robert Babayan
Advisor

I forgot to mention,the Vmware Virtual Machine is a Windows 2003 server standard edition R2 with SP2...the server is also up to date with all the Microsoft Critical and Security patches .
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor
Solution

Have you tried mapping your DVD-drive directly to your virtual machine (Client device), via the Infrastructure Client? I've recently updated with the ICE DVD on a VM without any problems.
Robert Babayan
Advisor

Thanks Nicolai,

Yes, I did try that I get the same error message " Microsoft C++ Virtual Library RunTime Error! Abnormal Program Termination" and I can not go any further.

I went into VM's Edit Settings > in CD/DVD > under Device Type > Client Device > Open Console > power on virtual machine and then click the connect CD/DVD button in the toolbar > Mapped to D:\ drive which is my DVD drive on my laptop. I inserted the DVD #1 and I got the same error ! I disabled the " Enhanced Security " and re-installed Windows 2003 SP2 did not make any difference !
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

You are running ESX 3 or later ?

copy the contents of the dvd to VM and run the installer
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Robert Babayan
Advisor

Thanks Jarkko,

Yes, we are running ESX 3.0.2 Update 4 and yes, I did copied the whole content of DVD #1 into my VN and tied to run the "autrunexe" from there, I got exact same error .. " Microsoft C++ Virtual Library RunTime Error! Abnormal Program Termination".
Newton S
Frequent Advisor

This might be due do missing .Net framework package on ur HP SIM VM,

You may try installing .Net framework 1.1 & 2.0 (both) and Launch the ICE 3.0 Autorun.
Robert Babayan
Advisor

Thanks Newton,

I tried that as well, it did not help...

I will re-build this VM again ...spent too much time on it already.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Robet