cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from SIM 4.2 to 5.0

William Harvey_1
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading from SIM 4.2 to 5.0

Trying to upgrade SIM on W2K box using MSDE and get the following error in initconfig.log
7. Database Configuration
Connecting to database...
Database initialization failed for URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://EBCSS107634:1433/Insight_v50_0_9138125;domain=MARICOPA;instance= Ex: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. After about 20 of these messages I receive the following,
HP Systems Insight Manager shutting down: com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database. I am at a complete loss as to what the problem may be. I have verified access and permissions and performed the mxpassword change to ensure everything matches. Any help would be much appreciated, I am just about ready to wipe everything and start fresh. Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrading from SIM 4.2 to 5.0

By any chance have you configured NTLM security settings on your server. HPSIM 5.0 had problems getting installed if NTLM is enabled. The same issue was fixed in HPSIM 5.0 SP2. So, do try upgarde to HPSIM 5.0 SP2. Upgrade should happen smoothly.
William Harvey_1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I checked the NTLM setting on the server and it is not enabled. Tried to do the SP2 install and received the following error msg: 7. Database Configuration
Connecting to database...
Database initialization failed for URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://EBCSS107634:1433/Insight_v50_0_144453429;domain=ROOT;instance= Ex: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database requested in login 'Insight_v50_0_144453429'. Login fails.
I think I am just going to rebuild the server from scratch and try a fresh install.
Thanks, again
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Is there a existing HPSIM Database?

If you're starting afresh you may just need to drop the database and make sure the actual database files have been deleted or renamed.

Of course with MSDE you're a bit more restricted in how you manage that.