Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753971 Members
7885 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrading the HP Server Management Homepage to the latest version to multiple Windows Server ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Upgrading the HP Server Management Homepage to the latest version to multiple Windows Server ?

Hi People,

What are the best options to perform HP SMH upgrade to all of my Windows Server fleets (2003-2008 R2) safely ?

Can I use HP SPP DVD to perform the upgrade or do I need to use HP Software Update Manager v6.0 the latest ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrading the HP Server Management Homepage to the latest version to multiple Windows Server ?

Hello Albert,

Do you want to update the hole SPP package or just System Management Homepage. The System Management Homepage can be updated by HP SIM by a deloyment without any problem. If you want to update the whole package (SPP) you can expect downtime for your servers. This is because you wil be updating drivers like Nic and firmwares. SIM or HPSUM can both be used for the job.

So depending on what you want the answer varies...

Kind regard,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Cheat3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Upgrading the HP Server Management Homepage to the latest version to multiple Windows Server ?

Hello ,

I want to update HP SMH to latest to all servers reporting in HP SIM , kindly tell me the steps to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Deepak

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Please logon to your SIM server page, select the servers you want to update and choose Deploy > Deploy drivers, Firmware and Agents > Install Software and Firmware. Now you can choose from your repository what file to push to the servers you selected earlier. Click Server, now choose the OS and click the plus next to Software - System Management and click the Hp System Management Homepage for ..... If you selected more than one OS in the servers you selected also click the OS SMH. All this only works if you have filled the VCRM and have a trust with your destination servers.

If you need more hints let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew