1753577 Members
6672 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Users on SIM 5 and local HP agent login

CA1499584
Regular Advisor

Users on SIM 5 and local HP agent login

All users of my SIM are trusted admins :) I now have a user that will manage some servers, we did add this user with only permisions to view this servers, but when he try to go to any of this servers he needs to login on that server agent, How can I make this user be admin on those servers without make him be a admin with all rights on my SIM console....

3 REPLIES 3
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Depends on what you want that user exactly to do.
You can give the user in HPSIM Monitor access to a selection of servers. This will however block him from changing any settings in the local SMH's.
He will be able to see other collection names in HPSIM, though the actual servers he is not allowed to see are not shown.
(Options, Security, Users and Authorizations, tab "Users", followed by tab "Authorizations". In the "Authorizations"-tab, you can add specific server collections to a user.)

If the user is allowed to change settings in the SMH's of his managed systems, you might have to give him "All Tools" for just his collection of servers.

You do not mention whether your servers are all on one domain, or in different domains, or standalone.
You also do not mention whether your servers "Trust All" or "Trust by Certificate" in SMH.

CA1499584
Regular Advisor

Servers are on same domain and they are "Trust by certificate".
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

Found solution as mention on the reply