4260 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using the VCRM

NickC-UK
Occasional Contributor

Using the VCRM

Hi All

We have just installed HP SIM for first time, i was trying to find out how i connect my Windows clients so that i can push out drivers, firmware etc.

From digging around i have come across the Configure or Repair agents option, one of the questions when i am configuring this form for a test Win 2008 server i want to push firmware out for is

Enter the credentials for the VCA to use to access the VCRM

The VCRM service uses the local system account, i cant see any other account i need to use, i was reluctant to use my own domain admin account as my password expires every 60 days.

Can anyone let me know how this should be configured, i cant see any share on the HP SIM server that has any specific account configured for access. Am i missing the point here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Re: Using the VCRM

Hi Nick,

The VCRM is part of the HPSIM install and the VCA(s) are part of the PSP

install on the client(s).

Firstly - populate the VCRM (access from the SMH) on the HPSIM server -

the PSPs etc will need to be expanded before the are put in the repository.

Then on the clients configure the VCA (also from the SMH) to point to the

VCRM - although it recommends that you don't use the administrator account

- it actually prevents it from working - create an additional windows account on the

VCRM with admin privs - this should now work.

Please let me know how it goes.....

regards

Steve.B.

Tea break over - back on yer heads!
NickC-UK
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve

Many thanks for the reply, i have used my own domain admin account for now. I still have a few issues im struggling wiht

First i tried pushing out the VCA settings from HPSIM to one of my servers by selecting configure and repair agents from the configure menu, this failed

I then went to the SMH of my target server and manually tried to configure the VCA settings, i used specified our HPSIM server and then used my domain admin account for now just to test, this worked however in the drop down box for reference support pack there was nothing in there.

On my VCRM ststistisc i have the below so it looks to me like there are support packs there

Custom Software Baselines 0

HP ProLiant and HP Integrity Support Packs 14

Components1680

Am i missing somthing here?

Thanks again

Nick

Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Hi Nick,

I normally just create a completely new user on the HPSIM server (VCRM) with admin privs.

The repository can take time to be seen from the VCA - from memory I think there is a rescan repository or someting similar from the VCA but you do have to wait a while.

It is also good practice to create a baseline (or baselines) on the VCRM although it's not mandatory.

Let me know how it goes...

Regards,

Steve.B. 

Tea break over - back on yer heads!