108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Utilization WBEM Provider is not installed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Utilization WBEM Provider is not installed

I am trying to get the VSE Management meters for CPU/MEM/LAN/Disk/Pwr for my Win2008 Server x86_64 to work. I downloaded and installed the WBEM providers on my servers and looking at the SMH for these servers, I can get the WBEM data plus send WBEM events to my CMS . But from the VSEM view, I click on the CPU meter and select Collect Capcity Advisor Data and I get an error message telling me the Utilzation WBEM provider is not installed. As far as I know, it is installed. Any ideas on why I am not able to see this data?
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Utilization WBEM Provider is not installed

Unless you have specifically deployed the utilization provider (using Configure-->Configure VSE Agents-->Install Windows VSE Agents and deploying the 32-bit agents, NOT the 64-bit agents--those are only for Integrity) then you probably don't have the agents out there. Deployment requires SSH. Additionally, if you have deployed them but can't communicate with them, please confirm that the WMI Mapper is installed and HP SIM knows about its location.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the pointers David. I did manually install a 64 bit provider I found on the HP download site but I also tried to deploy using Configure/Repair Agents from SIM. I did get a few errors, one being SSH so I will try to get that working correcly and also determine if I have WMI installed/configured properly.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

The problem is OpenSSH. Apparently I don't have it on my Win2008 x86_64 servers and need to install it. I have spent the last several hours trying to figure out exactly where to download a version that runs on Windows 2008 x86_64. When I tried to use SIM to deploy it using Install OpenSSH job, the job hung. What file do I need to download and install? I can find instructions on how to configure it once I get it installed but I haven't been able to figure out what to manually install on these servers yet searching google / microsoft websites, SIM documentation, etc.