1753447 Members
4984 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VC Agent for VMware ESX?

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

VC Agent for VMware ESX?

Gents- i'm trying to configure vc agent for- now i'm not even sure if this is possible but i'm assuming that because the status icon (i) appears for the VMware ESX host that hpsim is telling me it is.

Going to the homepage of the target I don't see an option for version control.

So does the vmware pack include version control agent?
6 REPLIES 6
Tom Scheppler
Occasional Advisor

I had the same thing happen to me. Delete the hosts from the CMS and add them back in with the automated discovery or manual discovery (if you have it). They should be identified as Product Name VMWare Virtual Platform with only the ES and HS columns populated.
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

THis is actually for the Host server not the VM on it.

Its detected properly as VMware ESX and the status icon for the SW is enabled but showing VC not found.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There is no VC Agent for ESX. But you shouldn't even see the i icon if it's been correctly identified as an ESX Host.
I've found HPSIM 6 seems to be better at excluding the icon from servers where it's not expected.
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Well again these are actual esx hosts- not vitrual machines, hopefully i'm using right terminology there.

So they OS is detected as WMware ESX but the SW column icon appears has (i) reporting VC Agent not found as if it expects it.

I'll I tried identifying again but the icon stays- I'll try removing and redecting it tomorrow and see what happens.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes, I know they're Hosts. But there is no VC Agent for ESX Hosts.
In HPSIM 5.x the icon is there. But in HPSIM 6 it seems to make a better job of knowing there should eb no VC for ESX Hosts.
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Gotchya- ok then.

Also I am using 6.0. I removed them and did discovery but they reappeared as VMware ESX but the vcagent status icon is back as (i). I can live with that.