8357 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA 2.1.6.765 fails to install

dunnie morgan
Occasional Advisor

Having same issue here...

Install fails whether deploying from ICDCE, from the server management page or manually installing on any model server and OS.
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

Hi all

Following the instructions Brandy Reid gave, I was able to install the VCA 2.1.6.765 on one of the machines.

We have a nice selection of servers: DL360, 380, 580 and all of them in all available Gn's (G1, G2, G3, G4, G5)...
And at none of them we were able to install the package normally....

As mentioned, follow the steps, Brandy explained. That rules!

Regards

Jimmy
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

I just tried this too (extracting it, running the msi): Yes it works, and i could script something to copy it to all my machines, then remotely kicking off the msi, but. I have SIM to do this and this should work, so we can use SIM to roll this out.
Kevin Brown_4
Frequent Advisor

Has anyone heard anything else on this? While the work around is good, I'm a little reluctant to use it on the 100+ servers I have here.

We to have too many servers to use this work around on. How do we drag HP in on this post? thanks...Bert
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

As no one from HP seems to be knowledgable about this version, i will remove it from the repository and not make it part of the Custom Support Packs we roll out, ie. i will ignore this version. It's not even listed on the drivers page on hp.com.. Ah well..
Geff

I have similar issue in our environment, the version control agent telling me the latest version is 7.65 and the support pack version 7.6 this is our default reference support pack.

In version control repository manager, for some reason I don├в t see the HP Support Pack Version 7.65. I tried updating from HP web, rescan the repository and it still the same. Does anyone here experience the same issue?

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm curious as to where folk have got this version from as it's not listed where I normally pull software down from.

I go to;
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html
From there I select the OS, for me usually W2K3 in the second section and then look at anything new.

The latest version listed there is; 2.1.5.760

I wonder if the 765 version is broken and it's been withdrawn?
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Rob, it got downloaded through the normal repository download from hp.. It just "showed" up so to speak. Maybe HP put it out there before they realized that it wasnt working and never pulled it back.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Geff: There is no Support Pack 7.65, the current SP is 7.60a, but there were updates that got downloaded through the repository download, one of which is the HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003, which is v7.65.0.0, the other being VCA.