Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752598 Members
5388 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA 2.1.6.765 fails to install

Geff

Stefan, SP 7.65 is in HP web site and it mentioned specifically for use with Windows Server (Longhorn) on HP Proliant server and yet is show up on windows 2003 server. Here is the link
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/software/microsoft/OS/Windowslonghorn_overview.html

In our environment for W2K Servers the latest version control agent is 7.60a which is the default reference support pack as for the Windows 2003 the latest VCA is 7.65.

Like you mentioned early most likely go downloaded through the repository download, but my question is why doesn├в t show up in the version control repository manager, it only show up in VCA running Window 2003.

Anyway for now we will leave 7.60a as our default reference SP, maybe 6 months later 7.65 will showup in VCRM, once that happen I will select 7.65 as the default reference SP

I posted to the support center with a question as to how we get a moderator or HP rep involved as I have 250+ machines to update and we use SIM for all of it. if it doesnt work right we need it fixed. :-)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Stefan,
OK, I don't use the auto download, I tend to manage it a bit more directly.
It does look like this is a Longhorn version that got caught up in the W2K3 stream.

Do you have an entire 7.65 PSP?

I was downloading the latest FW CD and I came across a 7.70 Smart Start ISO. My guess is that 7.65 is just an interim version.

But hey, could be wrong....
Brandy Reid
Valued Contributor

Hubert - what is the URL for the support center?
Thanks,
Brandy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandyreid
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Forgot to close this one. We're past 7.65 by now, and it appears to have been specifically for Longhorn, so i ignored it. :)