108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCA 2.1.9.790 will not install on W2K Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

VCA 2.1.9.790 will not install on W2K Server

Has anyone run into a problem with VCA 2.1.9.790 not installing on Windows 2000 Server even though it shows as the latest available?
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: VCA 2.1.9.790 will not install on W2K Server

I have a feeling it is really not supported on W2K. Originally when that version came out, it showed on HP's site that it was not supported on W2K: only through version 2.1.8.780. Then when I looked a couple of weeks later, HP was showing the latest verison as supported. When I tried to install it, I had the same issue as you, that it would not install. So I don't think it is really supported.
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply Rancher. I would understand if W2K is not supported, but why when I look at the local Version Control page it shows as it is available? And that it is recommended by HP to install at my earliest convenience.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Personally I think it is an issue with the VCA itself that results in incorrect reporting.
Solution

I have it installed on my W2K servers. an earlier post detailed how it was an error in the xml that allowed it to show up as avaialable yet fail in install. you just have to add a line to the xml file.

here is the earlier post

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1157271
Hall27
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mervin.

That solved my issue at least until VCA 2.1.9.791 comes out.