7820 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA 2.2.0.820 don't show system ROM version

SantaFox
Occasional Contributor

VCA 2.2.0.820 don't show system ROM version

Hello,

after installing last VCA, system ROM firmware version disappears from VCA list (there are corresponding online ROM flash components in VCRM of course). Data source = WBEM. OS - Win2k8 32 or 64 bit. But I can see this ROM version in SMH, Home -> Firmware information.
But ROM version and updates for iLO, SmartArrays and disks (no updates for disks, by the way) are shown normally.

Is this a common issue?
6 REPLIES 6
Predator
Trusted Contributor

hi, so you were able to see these ROM components using previous version of vca?
SantaFox
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I've just downgraded VCA version on the one of my Proliants - see screenshots.
By the way, on the first screenshot - with previous VCA - iLO2 rom version and update disappeared. Some kind of mystics...
SantaFox
Occasional Contributor

And second screenshot (after upgrade back to 2.2.0.820)
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

I've had issues where items dont appear when the Agents arent started or installed correctly. Have you tried to reinstall those?

I'm having issues where it doesn't show the Drive Firmware available to update.

On another of our boxes, it shows HP Smart Update Manager 999.999.999 and I'm not sure why.
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

The selection of data source in SMH will have the effect only on SMH. which means, even though you have selected WBEM as data source in SMH and you have installed Insight management agents and configure SNMP, then VCA inventory will be calculated using SNMP. Not using WBEM.

One thing I observed from the image,
1. Screenshot of VCA 10.801 doesnt have WBEM component installed. Other one has WBEM installed.

Try configuring SNMP (Make sure Insight management agent service is running) and check the inventory.
SantaFox
Occasional Contributor

The only difference between those two screenshots is a ten minutes and VCA version. Also, AFAIK, VCA may use it's own discovery module.

I've just tried to change data source from WBEM to SNMP on two servers, DL380G4 with Win2k3 and DL320G5p with Win2k8x64. VCA list didn't changed at all (it seems like my assumption about VCA's own discovery module is right). And all modules in SMH turned off - "Network", "System", "Storage" and other boxes except "Version Control" disappears.

May be it's another my problem with SNMP data source, but I don't think there are any things in common with VCA detection list. And, from the third side... I remeber moment, when I've installed only SMH and VCA on clean Windows install - so there are no WBEM or SNMP providers at all. And VCA shows me ROM versions... so it's VCA problem, not SNMP or WBEM.